This article is a stub. Please help the Conflict of Nations Wiki by expanding it.
Russia is a country located in Northern Eurasia. It is the largest country and has one of the most victory points. Its immediate neighbors are Mongolia, China, Kazakhstan, and Georgia in Asia and Ukraine, Belarus, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, and Norway in Europe.
It starts off with 10 cities and 146 victory points, the greatest number of cities and victory points any country starts with. China and the United States follow close behind at 139 and 136 victory points, respectively. Its cities are (roughly from left to right): Archangelsk, Saint Petersburg, Moscow (its capital), Voronezh, Volgograd, Rostov-on-Don, Nizhny Novgorod, Yekaterinburg, Novosibirsk, and Vladivostok.
Its ingame description reads: An extremely large nation, spanning eleven time zones from Europe to Asia, the military victor of the last world war is enormous - as is the task of managing this behemoth of a nation. Comprised of a diverse landscape rich in resources, Russia is a force to be reckoned with. A word of advice: this nation is best suited for experienced players.
- Russia starts with a lot of units compared to other countries.
- With 10 cities, Russia can be off to a good start.
- North Siberia and the Caucuses tend to have a lot of oil, making Local Industries ideal.
- Bordering the Baltics, Georgia and Azerbaijan, Russia can quickly annex these at the start and earn itself some VPs.
- Extremely massive and units are highly spread out. This can mean that cities and defending forces can often get flanked.
- Arkhangelsk is spelled as Archangelsk ingame.
- Although Russia and North Korea share a border, there is no direct land route from Russia to North Korea without passing through China first.
- Because it is so big, the nation selection screen says Russia is best for experienced players.