This article is a stub. You can help by expanding this article.
Russia is a country locatred in Northern Eurasia. It is the largest country and has one of the most victory points. Its immediate neighbors are Mongolia, China, Kazakhstan, and Georgia in Asia and Ukraine, Belarus, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, and Norway in Europe.
It starts off with 10 cities and 146 victory points, the greatest number of cities and victory points any country starts with. China and the United States follow close behind at 139 and 136 victory points, respectively. Its cities are (roughly from left to right): Archangelsk, Saint Petersburg, Moscow (its capital), Voronezh, Volgograd, Rostov-on-Don, Nizhny Novgorod, Yekaterinburg, Novosibirsk, and Vladivostok.
- Russia starts with a lot of units compared to other countries.
- With 10 cities, Russia can be off to a good start.
- North Siberia and the Caucuses tend to have a lot of oil, making Local Industries ideal.
- Bordering the Baltics, Georgia and Azerbaijan, Russia can quickly annex these at the start and earn itself some VPs.
- Extremely massive and units are highly spread out. This can mean that cities and defending forces can often get flanked.
- Arkhangelsk is spelled as Archangelsk ingame.
- Although Russia and North Korea share a border, there is no direct land route from Russia to North Korea without passing through China first.
- Because it is so big, the nation selection screen says Russia is best for experienced players.